Love All Life

my whiny complains about stuff i cannot yell out to people on the street.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

i dont ever want to stay here for good!

i'm serious,... i've been thinking about this matter for quite some time... and i've made a decision... i dont want to stay here, in melbourne, after i graduate. okie, maybe i'll stay for a while to earn my money(sch fees that i paid) back. and perhaps get a australian PR for fun, but i dont want to stay here for good.

today started out bad.... i had to wake up so early and reach the train station at 8.30 in the morning just to catch a train to werribee. werribee is the place in the suburbs where the uni of melbourne 's vet faculty is located. do you guys know that the bloody train ticket costs 10 dollars????? it's a "day" zone 1 plus 2 ticket. isn't is bloody expensive??? somemore, we are students but we dont have consession!!!! why? it's the bloody aussie system! the journey on trian lasted for 45mins or so, and as if it wasn't enough, we then had to walk a 30 min journey, on a pathway, which is not even a proper pathway, it was full of sand, grass and stones...

it was evident that no one here out in this far country side, walked. they all drive, and have carsssss!!!!!!!!!! i dont understand where the hell is my money from all my freaking expensive sch fees is going too?????? i mean, 32,000 aussie dollars a year from about 20 odd international students is certainly more than enough for the university to hire a bus for to transport us there right? it's just so GOD DAMN RIDICULUS!!! this long and tiring journey made me soooooooooooo grumpy just now,... considering the fact that i was up till3am in the morning, trying to finish my assigment! i also dont understand why we dont have consession??? in singapore, all students, regardless of whether you are international or not, have consession. i just feel so pissed that we are not allowed to have consession.

anyway, after another long train ride home, i went to subway to buy my dinner, first, the man who was serving me, kept talking to his friend, he literally ignored me, a customer, for about 5 mins. then when he asked me what i wanted to order, he just kept talking to his fren even as i was stating my order. i, being very polite, and knowing he wont be able to listen to my order when he's talking to his fren, and not wanting to repeat myself, i paused wheneevr he talked... then after he got my order, he asked if i wanted the sandwich to be toasted anot. but i couldn't hear what he was saying, so i thought he asked for my order again, so i repeated (with much frustration coz i was already tired, and he annoyed my mroe by ignoring me..). then he asked his question again and this time i got what he meant. by this time however, he face had already turned black...

he had that "bloody asian... so stupid, dont understand a thing i say" look on his face... i felt so angry.. like i'm the one who is suppose to be pissed, not you! asshole....

then again, i ccould be just sensitive to what others perceive as just non-racist irritated look. i donnoe...... all i know is that, i dont want to stay her after i graduate. all my bad experiences with racism just suddenly flashed in front of me while i sat on the tram, waiting to go home...

how can anyone, just decide to stay here, in this foreign country, living amongst ppl with totally different cultures and ways of life and thinking? how can ppl want to stay in a country with relatively marked racisim, right here in melbourne? how can they not mind being a 2nd class citizen? NOT ME...

i know that my mom wishes for me to stay here for good. sorry mom, i know you love this place. but i believe i've seen the ugly side here mroe than you, and i cannot, at all costs, stand to stay here for the rest of life.

do you guys even know about my racist experiences? okie, maybe i'll type it down some other time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home